Sunday, January 18, 2009

Philips introducing ultra-widescreen 21:9 LCD TV


In the world of 16:9 wide screens, Philips is offering ultra-wide screen Cinema 21:9 LCD TV which will replicate average Hollywood blockbuster in the same ratio as the big screen, with Ambilight glow setup according to your mood. Other details are not yet released, but all you have to do is, find space on the wall for a 56-inch ultra-wide screen in your living room. Guess what, its wall-mountable.

This is the first TV to deliver a genuine Cinematic Viewing Experience to movie lovers in their own home and will be available in spring 2009, which announced in Press Release.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a 56" TV would be a little large for my lounge wall, but I like the idea of the correct aspect ratio for films. I recently went to my local Currys Electrical store to see what LCD TV deals were on offer but I didn't notice any there with 21:9 ratio. I guess these will be very expensive to begin with and maybe a bit too much for my purse.